Monthly Report of Permits Issued: 2023-09 Monthly Permit Report
Permits are required in Westtown Township for most residential and all commercial additions and alterations, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, decks, pools, sheds, and fences. Permit applications can be found on the Permits, Applications, and Forms page.
Find out if your project requires a permit: Do I Need A Permit For That Flyer?
Please call the Township office or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions about your permit application.
On February 14, 2022, new Uniform Construction Codes will go into effect throughout the state of Pennsylvania.
- The state will be updating its building codes for commercial and residential construction to the 2018 International Codes.
- The state has provided a six-month grace period for adherence to the new 2018 code if a design or construction contract was signed and dated prior to February 14, 2022.
- Beginning August 13, 2022, all permit applications submitted for new buildings or major renovations must be reviewed under the 2018 I-codes.
All permit applications must include the following:
- Completed building permit and/or stormwater and grading permit for the project scope of work.
- Contractor license and certificate of insurance (COI). All contractors and sub-contractors will need to supply a license and COI.
- Contractors with a valid PA state license will not need to separately register with the Township. Non-PA licensed contractors must register with the Township.
- All plumbers must be registered with the Township.
- Two copies of building plans and drawings.
- Commercial applications must be signed and sealed by a registered engineer or architect.
- Residential applications for projects two stories or greater must be signed and sealed by a registered engineer or architect.
All Residential and Commercial Building Permit Applications and Occupancy Permits will be reviewed and inspected by the Township or its third party inspection agency, Code Inspections, Inc. Please allow 15 business days to review permit applications. NOTE: Permit fees are paid when permit is issued, not at time of application.
How to schedule inspections:
- For your building permit, please call the Township Building Inspector directly at 610-476-6156.
- For your grading permit, please call the Zoning Officer at 610-692-1930.
- For installation of a stormwater management facility required under the Stormwater Management Ordinance, please email Mike Grigoruk of Cedarville Engineering at email@example.com. Inspection requests for stormwater facilities must be made at least five business days in advance of the installation date.